General musings and thoughts related to reactionary aesthetics and the degenerate art of our Weimar-world. I have a particular interest in books, movies and TV (narrative forms of art) and believe we need alternative voices to the echo chamber that is modern criticism.
Degenerate Art is a Nazi term used to describe Modern art. From Wikipedia:
Such art was banned on the grounds that it was un-German, Jewish, or Communist in nature, and those identified as degenerate artists were subjected to sanctions. These included being dismissed from teaching positions, being forbidden to exhibit or to sell their art, and in some cases being forbidden to produce art.
In our Weimar-world, the status quo has flipped. Reactionary aesthetics are outcast. Old stories are disparaged. Only the postmodern survives. We must track this; we must change this.
- I respond to a critic and note the Cathedral response to Passengers
- Where I discuss the true meaning of the scifi movie, Passengers
- What does diversity in literature really mean?
- Review of the TV series and how it is a good depiction of Weimar-world we live in
- Where I start my journey of discovery of where modern culture sits